*WHO WE ARE*
Outreach is a nonprofit organization in Indianapolis that brings hope to youth and young adults who are experiencing homelessness. We build relationships with our youth and connect them to services, equipping and empowering them to achieve stability and life transformation. We need your support to continue to do this vital work.
*WHO YOU’RE HELPING*
By walking for Outreach, you will be walking alongside youth like William, who was dropped off at an adult shelter by his foster family just one day after his eighteenth birthday. Aged out of the foster care system, William was on his own—until he was introduced to Outreach. Our staff and volunteers provided William with access to community partners and the necessary resources to help him as he took his first steps into life as a young adult. Soon, William was making friends and maturing gracefully. With Outreach’s support, he was approved for the Bureau of Developmental Disability Services waiver and was placed in a beautiful boarding house. Eventually, he reconnected with his birth mother and moved to Evansville to be with her and his family. Now, because of your support, William is safe and happy and thriving.
*HOW TO REGISTER*
The Walking for Dreams platform is set up for team registrations, however individuals are welcome and encouraged to participate. If you are interested in walking or participating as an individual, but are not part of a team, please register as follows: Select the option, "Walk for Us" and a dropdown menu will populate. Then select "Hope Providers (Individuals)" as your team and follow the prompts to register, donate, or share.
*WHEN & WHERE*
The fundraising Walk will physically take place at the Canal in downtown Indianapolis (337 West 11th Street) on Sunday, May 23. Registration begins at 1 PM. If you want to participate virtually, the Walk will be livestreamed so you can join the festivities and walk along with us from your own location. More details will be sent to those who register.
Your gift of any size helps meaningfully transform the lives of our youth:
- A gift of $25.00 provides one youth with basic needs, including meals, laundry, showers, clothing, and bus passes.
- A gift of $100.00 provides one youth with extended needs, including referrals for housing and employment, health insurance, identification, and mental health resources.
- A gift of $300.00 provides one youth with holistic needs, including academic advocacy, relationship building, mentorship, therapeutic recreation, and social/emotional support.
Every step you take with us makes the pathway more clear for youth like William. Start your own team with family and friends or else join our Outreach team as an individual to help us reach our fundraising goal of $10,000! These funds will allow us to serve more youth who are experiencing homelessness and who are in need of services and the support of people who care about them. Individuals are encouraged to raise at least $50, while teams are encouraged to raise at least $300. All those who reach or surpass these fundraising goals will receive Outreach swag, so that you can show off your support wherever you go! Please be sure to complete your registration by May 1 so that you can receive your swag in time for the Walk on May 23!
- WHERE AND WHEN IS THE WALK BEING HELD? The fundraising Walk will physically take place at the Canal in downtown Indianapolis (337 West 11th Street) on Sunday, May 23. Registration begins at 1 PM. If you want to participate virtually, the Walk will be livestreamed so you can join the festivities and walk along with us from your own location. More details will be sent to those who register.
- WHAT IF I CAN’T ATTEND THE IN-PERSON WALK ON MAY 23? Select the virtual option when you register and then join us via livestream to walk with us from your location!
- CAN I WALK AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR DO I HAVE TO CREATE A TEAM? If you want to fundraise for Outreach as an individual, simply select the “Hope Providers (Individuals)” team from the dropdown menu when you register.
- ARE THERE ANY REGISTRATION FEES TO PARTICIPATE? No. There are no registration or participation fees to walk with us!
- WHAT IS THE PARKING SITUATION ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT? FREE parking is available in the following lots: 1. Street parking is available on 11th Street and on Senate and Capitol Avenues. 2. The IU Health Fairbanks Building Lot located at the corner of 11th and Senate Avenue (gates will be open from 11 AM to 5 PM).
- WHAT IF I HAVE A STROLLER OR USE A MOBILITY DEVICE? A map with an accessible route will be provided to registrants as the date of the Walk approaches.
- DO I HAVE TO REGISTER IN ADVANCE OF THE WALK? We ask that everyone who wishes to participate in the Walk register in advance please. By registering, you will allow our staff to appropriately prepare materials for the event, including a special treat for our Outreach teams.
- WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS? Please contact Outreach Office Manager Faith Musgrove at firstname.lastname@example.org with further questions.
Visit outreachindiana.org to learn more about Outreach!